If you like to troubleshoot hardware, solve complex problems and make equipment work better, this is the role for you. As a Field Service Engineer, you’ll work in our state-of-the-art facility and at customer sites around the globe, where you are the face of Applied Materials and an integral part of a vibrant and diverse team.
We train our Field Service Engineers to create and support the technology that the world relies on to manufacture semiconductor chips and related materials, every day. You’ll work beside global customers to install, maintain and upgrade their Applied Materials equipment, delivering world-class support for multimillion-dollar production systems.
- Assist senior engineers with installing leading-edge customer equipment, performing scheduled preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, and upgrading equipment
- Follow procedures you learn during your training, as well as published task plans, to test equipment and diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Complete required job documentation, safety training and procedures for processing parts
- Professionally represent Applied Materials to the customer, using your “customer first” mindset
- Satisfy the company’s and customer’s on-site requirements, including safety, environmental and COVID-19 guidelines
About the company
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. We’re the brain (and the brawn) behind every new technology development-whether it’s building semiconductor chips for smartphones and computers, or the underpinnings for robotics, AI and even smart TV display screens. With 27,000 employees in 19 countries, we offer an exciting place to grow and learn alongside some of the best people you’ll ever meet. We take deep pride in our Culture of Inclusion, and we celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that help us build stronger, more resilient teams.